Wednesday, April 21, 2010

El Roto Thinks the Same as Me?

I don't see any good coming from Spain's Historical Memory Law, the one that literally looks for the buried bodies from the past. A lot of nasty shit went down during the civil war - on both sides. Now that PSOE is in power, they are looking for all the nasty stuff that Franco did. As soon as PP gets back in there, will they start looking for the nasty stuff the communists did on behalf of the Republic?

If I am reading El Roto correctly, and that usually is not an easy task, it seems he also doesn't think the wounds from the war last through the generations.

Maybe it's time to, if not forgive or forget, time to move on and solve some present problems?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo has captado mal, todo tiene su contexto. El dibujo viene a decir que para que se cierre la herida todas las víctimas de Franco que descansan en cunetas y en olivares tienen que ser enterradas dignamente, hasta entonces la herida seguirá abierta en sus descendientes.

Carl said...

Thanks Anonymous,

I didn't think El Roto would be against the Historical Memory Law.

Your interpretation makes sense I guess - but El Roto could be a little more clear ... but then he wouldn't be El Roto.

Fe d e rico Zarathustra said...

Chucho el Roto

Íñigo said...

It's embarrasing. I'm Spanish and I think This is horrible. PSOE only worries about Franco facts. Nobody says nothing about republican facts.
It's time to forgive and solve all problems qith spansh economy, which is veeeeery bad. In May there are local and regional elections, and all polls say that PP will win with a very big majority. (I must say that I'm not a PP votant).

Carl said...

I'm with you Arambarri.

Moving forward seems more productive.